22 July 2008

I can't keep up.

I went to the university's gym yesterday afternoon. It's a great space for faculty and staff members to work out without awkward encounters with students. I enjoy working out there, although recently, I have been flirting with the idea of joining the Washington Sports Club in Columbia Heights.

The people watching at the university gym is good, but I know everyone there, and I'm really curious to see what gyms outside of universityland look like. I think that I'm going to do one of those week long memberships to see if the WSC and I are meant to be together.

I'm sure that the people watching there will be exquisite. People checking each other out, serious exercisers ignoring the socializers, grunting weightlifters, a pool. What more could a girl want?

I'm a little worried that it's going to be too expensive. It's hard to beat the price of univerity gym: free.

Oh, and the best part about the university gym? I saw two coworkers who totally kicked my ass at the gym. They are some hard core ladies. I'm inspired.

But I'm going to see about the WSC anyway.

In any case, I'll totally be hotter than Casey by December.

8 comments:

Essentially Me said...

You're hot NOW.

The gym is my arch nemesis.

Casey said...

While I agree with the person who is essentially their own self above, about your hotness, I can tell you this much.

I will bring it.

You do not know with whom you fuck, Ms. Academic.

I will burn down your village, pillage your reserves, desecrate your temples, and enslave your minions. You do not know the hour or the day I will show up with light of hotness shining forth, but you will know on that day that you were careless.

Because I am the one with whom you have fucked.

The ruing of this day is imminent.

Prepare for Glory!

Claven said...

She has minions?

My feelings on gyms aside, I could never abandon your turtle U accomodations. I heard rumors of that complex and its pool-to-be the entire time I was playing water polo there. Go to Preinkert pool and you will never complain about the newer university digs again. I think it dates to WWI. Now I play water polo in a pool that dates to the 1950s on a former Army base.

Anonymous said...

Essentially Me, Aww. Thanks. You are hot too! And you go to boot camp, girl!

Casey, Whatever. Keep eating steak and ice cream.

Claven, I know. I would workout outside but the humidity might actually kill me. Kill me dead!

Dexter Colt said...

I have to pay 12 bucks a month to use the university gym?! Outrageous I tells ya.

Anonymous said...

Woooot! I miss my gym this month! It's all that keeps me out of the clocktower.

Jenni said...

"What more could a girl want?"

A steam room. Trust me...You want a steam room.

There's nothing better than kicking back in a room filled with pore cleansing steam after a tough workout. It's almost better than being fed chocolate while having sex. ALMOST. ;)

Anonymous said...

DC, I know. It's a perk of the job.

Megarita, I think that the gym does totally balance me out.

Jenni, I will now ask about the steam room. :)