18 September 2008

One Year.

A lot can happen in one year.

Instead of wallowing and worrying about the last several months (which have been less than perfect) I am going to think ahead. I will allow September to play itself out, and say goodbye to the cultivation of pessimissim that I have probably encouraged in myself.

I'm going to enjoy the weekend before I have to contact the bank that owns my landlord's house. There's no sense in fretting now that I know what I need to do with all of this.

I'm going to spend the last part of the year coming to terms with a lot of things that I really wanted to happen, but ultimately did not, and I'm going to welcome the changes that are ahead. I think in one case, I was waiting for a last minute Hail Mary pass which would give me what (and who) I wanted, but I think I'm meant to be the protagonist of the movie who doesn't get what she wants and it all works out anyway.

I have a list of projects that I'd like to accomplish and some things that I need to figure out. This is turning out to be a transitional year for me.

I think that the world is pushing me to figure some important issues out.

And that's good.

2 comments:

mysterygirl! said...

If I know what Hail Mary you're talking about, you're lucky you didn't get what you wanted. Maybe you wanted it at the time, and not getting it is hard, but I don't think it was what you would have wanted down the road. I really think you're the one who's coming out ahead in the situation, suck though it may.

We'll be here along the way while you make your decisions!

Lord Chimmy said...

Maybe this year will have an 80s-movie ending. Any optimism I have comes from the 80s.