29 November 2009

Very Early Resolutions.

I don't want this post to read in a way that is overly saccharine, considering I haven't written very much in the last six months or so. But over the last several weeks, I have been thinking a lot about what I am doing, and what I'm not.

I have had frustratingly little motivation to do much--I can't blame the time change forever.

I think that I've been making a pretty good effort to reconnect with some people I haven't seen or talked to in a while (that could be months or years)--this is slowly but surely, of course.

I caught myself using that scary but ubiquitous saying "Life is too short to..." and it's very true, isn't it? I think that I'm going to spend the next year not freaking out over everything as I have in the last couple of years. Time to have fun. Or at least see the good in the stuff that isn't so much fun.

I've found that I'd like for things to work out in a certain way, but if they don't, I'm sure they will be just as fascinating.

Here's to the nebulous claim that I will do some things that will turn out to be just fine in the next month and the next year.

2009 was way better than 2008 in many respects, so I'm hoping that things keep moving in an upward trend.

And yes, even I can see what a frustratingly vague post this one is. But this is my blog, and life is too short to worry about how this post may or may not read.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I think once you finally realize that you are where you're supposed to be, everything just sort of falls into place.